THE BARN POTSDAMER PLATZ
Weinhaus Huth, built in 1912, was a post-war symbol for the destruction and division of the city. For decades, The Huth restaurant was the meeting place for society and wine-lovers, right in the middle of the Berlin equivalent of ‘Times Square’ in the 20s. During the war years, Willy Huth's close relationships to high-quality vineyards stood him in good stead and the Weinhaus Huth was able to carry on with business as usual, even during these hard times.
THE BARN in Weinhaus Huth can seat 40 customers within its 50m², and will be serving the usual coffee specialities, on weekdays from 7.30am until 7pm, and weekends from 10am until 7pm. For the first time, we have special coffee-based cocktails on the menu - a collaboration with Freimeister Kollektiv. Natural wines from Viniculture in Charlottenburg are also featured. Fresh, home-made cakes, sandwiches, and other light options are also available.
The interior design of THE BARN at Weinhaus Huth reflects the strength of the building. We wanted to incorporate the architectural features of Weinhaus Huth into a distinctive concept of fixtures and furnishings. The bar is made from raw flame-finished granite. A free-floating oak bench, 12 cm in thickness, is a feature along the rounded wall. Charles and Ray Eames’ classic design was chosen for the comfortable chairs, re-produced by Vitra in fibreglass. The feature lighting is a five-part installation by Flos.