ROASTING OPERATIONS MANAGER (m|w|d)
Our Coffee Roastery works with German precision and accuracy. Our coffee farmers give us access to the best coffees out there, fresh in season. Our Roast Team makes sure that we roast these coffees to perfection. Our Customers fully rely on high consistency and on-time delivery.
Join our team and manage our day-to-day roast operations. We are looking for a hands-on work mentatlity, working from the inside and alongside our team.
As Roastery Operations Manager you will oversee with a hands-on approach, all aspects of the daily operations. You will bring with your proven experience in delivering exceptional quality coffee combined with operational output and continuous improvement and efficiencies.
You will be responsible for managing daily roast logs, output, work plan schedules, performance evaluation, and assigning duties and responsibilities by training, coaching, and developing the roastery team.
Responsible for output and quality, you share our goal of roasting the most consistent and highest quality coffee THE BARN is renowned for. Responsible for work plan schedules, workflow, and the smooth running of the roastery, you will hold regular team meetings to make continuous improvements, review ways of working, and communicate business direction, and brand behaviours and how these transfer from green to cup.
Working closely with the Head of Roasting you will be involved in growth projects including operational efficiencies, ways of working, and quality improvements. You will feel passionate about why, what, and how we do things and excited by our potential for growth and business direction.
- Roasting, Innovation & Leadership
- Learning & Development
- Quality Assurance & Compliance
- Organisation & Cleanliness
- Proven experience in roasting in the speciality coffee industry
- Demonstrable experience of leading growth without compromising on quality
- Strong management experience, clear and direct communication skills, and uncompromising commitment to quality as well as sound business acumen and financial awareness
- A natural flare for being the one that leads the conversation; with solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to coordinate and influence a wide range of cross-department
Skills and Experience
- Operational excellence with strategic awareness
- Demonstrable experience of strong influencing skills with the ability to quickly build rapport and credibility with anyone you work with
- Experience of delivering against KPIs and targets, self-led with a natural ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team led by core values and striving towards business objectives
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Tolles Arbeitsumfeld mit einem internationalen Team
- Faire Bezahlung, Urlaub und Sozial-/Krankenversicherung
- Die Chance, in unserem Unternehmen zu wachsen und sich weiterzuentwickeln
You will be part of a team that is on a mission to change the Value Chain in Coffee. Our product is based on a concept of full quality and sustainability improvements.
- Roastery: Wattstraße, Berlin-Humboldthain
- Mindestvertragslaufzeit: 1 Jahr
- Beginn: Januar 2023
- Du brauchst einen EU-Pass und eine Arbeitserlaubnis für Deutschland. Leider können wir keine Visa sponsern.
- Vorstellungsgespräch: Wir übernehmen oder erstatten keine Kosten im Zusammenhang mit einem persönlichen Vorstellungsgespräch (Reise-, Unterkunfts- oder Verpflegungskosten).